Hello 9fans,

I've just recently started using the acme editor and am really enjoying it, and trying to get the hang of the "acme way" of doing things. One bit of functionality that I'm familiar with from other editors is the ability to easily look up a function or symbol definition within a codebase. In Emacs and vi, this is done by generating tags files (etags or ctags), which those editors can parse and allow you to easily jump to a definition of the symbol under the point/cursor.

What's the preferred method or workflow for achieving this in acme? I have tried passing a selected symbol to 'g -n' in the window's tag, using the Mouse-2 + Mouse-1 chord. That gets me part of the way there but isn't effective if the file where the symbol is defined happens to be in another directory. I feel like I'm missing something.

Many thanks!

- Ben

--
Ben Hancock