On 3/22/23 18:39, jimeric...@gmail.com wrote:
> i am using stats to monitor a remote machine i have. i can get all the stats
> except temp. i have 'bind -a '#P' /dev' in lib/profile on both machines. how
> can i get the temp of the remote machine? thank you for your time.
> *9fans <https://9fans.topicbox.com/latest>* / 9fans / see discussions
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans> + participants
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/members> + delivery options
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td46dc64ab1f12bcf-M459e1fabba9820dd387becb9>

Stats(1) uses rimport to access files from the remote machine.
rimport does not run your lib/profile, so when it goes to
read the remote cputemp file it is not there.

This is a case for the /cfg/$sysname/namespace file I believe.
Create this file on your machines with the

bind -a #P /dev

line in them. Make sure to have the file end in a newline.
This /cfg/$sysname/namespace is sourced by /lib/namespace, which
is used to, among other things, construct the namespace that rimport will see.
See namespace(6) for more of a description of the namespace file format.