I think the most important things to consider when looking at porting
tooling and compilers is: what problem does or solve for you? Meaning, if
you don't have a c++ Plan 9 project in mind then there's no immediate need
for the work.

Not that it can't help someone else in the future. But c++ programs are big
and I have a feeling that modern c++ programs have give amounts of
dependency and tooling that need to be ported creating a huge undertaking.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2026, 1:43 AM Aharon Robbins <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> From an article in comp.compilers:
>
> > EDG have open sourced their C++ front end
> > https://edgcpp.org
> 
> Doing a super fast scan on the main page at Github, it looks
> like the compiler is written in C, not C++.
> 
> Now, I know that the Plan 9 community doesn't like C++, and I
> don't particularly blame them, but having a C++ compiler on
> Plan 9 opens up possibilities (good or bad, you decide :-).
> 
> If anyone's interested in getting C++ for Plan 9, this seems like
> the best way to go.
> 
> Of course, if this is not of interest, just ignore the email,
> instead of flaming me.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Arnold

------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T70d241b9b859e774-M15c39f101599a27978ab0668
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to