Crap - Sorry about the tarball - I have to learn to read the generated To line on reply vs reply-to-all, which in both cases defaults to the list, not the sender.

Paul

On 8-Oct-05, at 6:44 AM, Paul Lalonde wrote:

Uriel - regarding the patch, can you help me?
I've attached my tarball, it should just build.
Or, I could use a walk-through of using 9p from p9p to drop the file into contrib somewhere handy.
Thanks,
    Paul

<paul_acme.tgz>

On 8-Oct-05, at 6:33 AM, Uriel wrote:


On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 06:19:38AM -0700, Paul Lalonde wrote:


Ah - I forgot to mention; ever since my shuttle turned into an
unresponsive pile of silicon, I've been working in plan9port under OS
X; patch doesn't exist there :-(


Oh, well, that still should let you upload stuff to a sources/contrib
dir using 9p(1) or the python 9p client. Or you can drawterm to a 9grid
node.



I used to think that too; but I found myself using the longer tag to
hide less-frequent commands, especially with my debugger.  I know I
can use "Send" to bridge from a guide file, but then I can't also
chord in a parameter.  So, debugging with GDB in particular, I need
break, display, print,  and so on, in my tag if I want to chord
parameters.  Now I keep them tucked on the second line, and find
myself opening my tag, chording the command, and closing it up, all
in one "gesture".  Incidentally - you can already cut and paste
newlines into the tag.


I agree, but still I'm unsure \n should be accepted in the tag just
making the text flow into the following line when it doesn't fit in the current one should be enough... but I can't think of any strong reason to avoid \n except simplicity as things like dump assume a single line.

It would be nice if there was a way to see that there are more lines
than what is visible... not sure how that can be done without an extra
scroll bar, but that I think would be a bad idea.

But I should try the patch before commenting so much :)

uriel





Reply via email to