Ray Amberg wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for helping me get the Sis900-based ethernet card working on my machine. I'm sorry to bother again, but I've got a new problem trying to get the machine configured to work on our network. I've read through the Network Configuration wiki, and while I learned a few things, some things still remain cloudy (my networking knowledge is minimal too, apologies).

I have a Belkin router, which is located at 10.50.50.1 on the LAN, and whose computers start at 10.50.50.100. There are a couple of other computers, using Windows and Linux, and they are automatically assigned IP addresses when they connect to the router. I think this is another way
of saying the router has its own DHCP server.  On a query of one of the
Windows machines, I found that the Gateway, DHCP Server, and DNS server were all 10.50.50.1, the address of the router.

Trying to make sense of the Network configuration wiki, I added the following to my /lib/ndb/local file:

ip=10.50.50.104  ipsubmask=255.255.255.0
    ipgw=10.50.50.1
    dns=10.50.50.1

I manually put in 10.50.50.104, and have a feeling I shouldn't be doing this. In any case, the result was a failure. The plan9 machine can ping itself at 10.50.50.104, but can't ping 10.50.50.1. DNS queries fail with the error: dns: temporary failure.

I tried looking through previous 9fans posts for ways to configure a simple connection to a router, unsuccessfully.

Would someone be so kind as to help me find a way to get the ethernet card connected to the router, and hence, the internet? Apologies again, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Ray Amberg

Hello..

I'm a newbie... :p

Take a look at your /rc/bin/termrc ? seems necessary to address a DHCP..




        

        
                
___________________________________________________________________________ Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

Reply via email to