Vim ships with a file quotes.txt containing testimonials.  This is my favorite:

  I typed :set all and the screen FILLED up with options.  A whole screen of
  things to be set and unset.  I saw some of my old friends like wrapmargin,
  modelines and showmode, but the screen was FILLED with new friends!   I love
  them all!   I love VIM!   I'm so happy that I've found this editor!  I feel
  like how I once felt when I started using vi after a couple of years of using
  ed.  I never thought I'd forsake my beloved ed, but vi ... oh god, vi was
  great.  And now, VIM.  (Peter Jay Salzman, USA)

Russ