> why the resistance to putting your machine into /lib/ndb/local?

I want to have (if possible) only 1 place where I define IP address assignment.
(+ dns, router, and in case of Plan9 fs+auth server)
So if i need to change something, I don't need to meditate where else
should I go.
But maybe in future I will find some reason to make my /lib/ndb/local
more accurate.

Maybe you have found a reason. If you want to have only one place to define your ip address assignments, DNS, etc, etc, a look at the man pages for dns(8), dhcpd(8) and ndb(6) could bring you much happiness. You can use plan 9 to provide those infrastructure services for your network.

The centralization of network config through ndb was the second of two qualities that got us investigating plan9 at my company, and I haven't seen another system that approaches the completeness and elegance of this approach. DNS without manually making PTR records and incrementing serial numbers? PRICELESS.

--
Josh