> Has anyone done a term program to connect to Plan 9 or Inferno --
> kinda like drawterm, without the draw bits?  I guess I am thinking
> about something that exports /dev/cons, /mnt/term, /dev/audio, etc. --
> but then just runs an rc on the other end instead of rio so I can just
> run it within an xterm (or whatever).  Seems like it would be a useful
> thing to have.

not that i know of.  even if you don't start rio, the machinary in
gui-*/screen.c is used because devdraw is mounted.

if it was done, it would be useful for developing a gizmo for exporting
from a host os to Plan9 running inside QEMU.  it would be easy then to
make an exportfs-only version of drawterm, and make a version of cpu.c
(remote side) that instead of mounting the authenticated fd on
/mnt/term, it starts a pair of procs that relay between the fd and a
pipe post to /srv.  dt's ns can then be mounted anywhere.

does the p9p cpu handle authentication?