> 1) Is there a way one can write to a mounted filesystem?
>
> Just for example, if I wanted to put an executable in /bin...how would
> that be done?

/bin is an empty directory that is then populated by a sequence of binds (you
can find them in /lib/namespace and your own lib/profile).  so first you work
out which one of those you'd like to hold the file (ie, global or just your own
private bin).
it will typically be one of /$objtype/bin or $home/bin/$objtype for compiled
programs
and /rc/bin or $home/bin/rc for rc scripts.  copy the new command to one of
those.

in general, given a union mount, files are created in the top-most bind or
mount that
was bound or mounted using the -c option to allow creation.  none of the files
bound to /bin have that option so the resulting directory disallows creation.

having typed all that in i see that pietro gagliardi has already answered but
i'll send this anyway.

> 2) To mount a cdrom I know I can start 9660srv...
> but how would I mount another HD? I did not see any other
> filesystem servers.

if a program's primary purpose is to act as a file server, it can be found in
section 4 of
the manual, so have a browse through that.  some others, including those in
ndb(8)
provide a service by serving some files, but that's just the interface so they
are documented
wherever the service would naturally belong.  (section 8 is admin, which must
surely include DNS.)