On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 08:13:22PM +0000, bert riske wrote:

> I have several problems with compiling airprobe/gsmdecode.
> In config.log I noticed the following error:
>
> conftest.c:11:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
> configure:3974: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h */

that test is supposed to fail. it determines whether the c compiler
reports nonexistant headers as errors. Supposedly this is done so that
configure knows how to test for the existence/visibility of certain headers.

> Make does not give any errors, only a few warnings.
> When I run gsm_receive.py, I get the follwing error:
> line 12 in <module> import gsm
> Importerror: no module named gsm.

probably some file missing. your airprobe/gsm-receiver/src/lib/.libs
directory should look like this:
_gsm.la   gsm_receiver_cf.o      libgsmdemod.la   libgsmdemod.so.0
_gsm.lai  gsm_receiver_config.o  libgsmdemod.lai  libgsmdemod.so.0.0.0
gsm.o     _gsm.so                libgsmdemod.so   viterbi_detector.o

run gsm-receiver with strace -f and see where pyhton searches for the files
above, in addition to gsm.py and/or gsm.pyc.
If a dependecy (like libosmocore) is not there then this could cause the
same symptoms. strace would reveal that too.

if you are stuck send the complete strace dump to me as PM.