On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 08:07:45PM +0930, alex au wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm getting a hdd with the tables and was wondering what a good or basic
> laptop set up to start off with. I'll have a nokia 3310 with the data cable.
>
> So what things should i look at for Laptop specs and what type of caddy
> should I use to connect the HDD?

The HDD should be connected via eSATA, and the SATA controller should have
support for NCQ (Native Command Queueing).
A double core CPU is probably sufficient for a single harddisk, this would
be a borderline case. You may want to buy a low end radeon 4xxx to be
on the safe side. The lookup will take several minutes.
(8 round functions * 8 bursts * 51 keystream segments * 40 tables / 100 HDD
TPS) = 1300 seconds.

> So far I'm looking with a laptop with 4GB ram.

The RAM index will be between 1.5 and 2 GB big, so 4 GB is enough.