Dear all:

     Recently, we do some experiments with the berlin tables and the kraken
code. The two graphic cards we use are of the type ATI HD 5670. To store the
rainbow table, the traditional HDDS type disk is adopted. We have done several
times of experiments. However, a phenomena  which is described below always
appears and it semms so head-scratching.

    Each time we crack a new 114-bit stream, the time needed for table looksup
is always aobut three minutes, while for the same bit stream to be cracked in
the second, third, fourth, ... time, the task can be finshed within 10 seconds
(about 7~9 seconds) . Thus, when we want to crack a whole 456-bit stream, we
will consume about 12 minutes which is time-consuming and is inefficient for
most applications.

    Thus, I wonder why it always needs three minutes for the first time to
crack the 114-bit stream. Can this time be significantly reduced, for example
about 10 seconds just as the second or third trial?

    Wish all your help.

 Regards.
   Lanma