Awhile ago I announced (using a different email address at the time) that I
was working on a new public-domain abc tool.  Well, I'm making pretty good
progress - I can read in most of the 1.6 abc language and display the music
on the screen, in Windows.  In fact, I think in the next coule of weeks I
should be ready to post the first version, including all the source code.

Is anyone interested in helping?  Initially the first big things will be to
move from the MS compiler I'm using to a free compiler, and then start moving
towards a Linux/Posix version.  I think I've made this pretty easy to do.
There are really only a few Windows-specific drawing functions, and a few
files with other MS-specific stuff like threads, etc. that will need to be
POSIX-ized.

Also, does anybody know the status of the Sourceforge ABC project?  This
would be the ideal place to do things.  We could always make up a new project
but then it would be confusing as to which was the 'real' one.

Cheers,
Aaron