    Atte> I've started using abc (actually abcm2ps) for writing charts
    Atte> for a big band. So now I need some tools to manipulate the
    Atte> voices individually, for instance spit a file up in the
    Atte> individual voices, and then some way of combining the
    Atte> separate voices back into one file would be nice. Does such
    Atte> a tool exist (I'm in linux), or do I have to invent the
    Atte> wheel?

Yes, use abcselect by Christoph Dalitz for the splitting.  It's a perl
program, so it should run on any system that has perl installed.  The
combining is pretty easy; I have a script that does it for specific
file names, but it could be generalized fairly easily.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574