At 02:23 PM 3/5/02, Frank Nordberg wrote:

>For the benefit of recent subscribers to abcusers, here's a short
>outline of the history of the O'Neill projects:
>A group of people lead (eventually) by John Chambers made a joint effort
>to transcribe O'Neill's "Music of Ireland" ("O'Neill's 1850"). While
>that work was in progress, me and Paul Kinder transcribed "Dance Music
>of Ireland" ("O'Neill's 1001") and "Waifs and Strays" respectively.
>The three projects was originally independent of each other, but
>eventually ended up as a big "O'Neill" project at John Chamber's site
>(soon to be mirrored at Musica Viva).

New subscriber (and new ABC user for that matter) would be an accurate
description for me.  Still trying to get my feet on the ground, but I am
making progress.  I have gathered some suitable software thanks to some
earlier help from members of this list and the truly excellent tutorial
sites.  I find ABC a fascinating concept... Not a unique feeling on this
list I am sure :-)

Am I to gather from the above quote that there is a collection of ABC files
for the "O'Neill" project(s) at John Chambers' site?  If so, I can't seem
to locate them as such.  Perhaps they have been disseminated into the
overall/greater tune collection?

Regards,
Don