Don Whitener said -

>Are you *actively* pursuing development of a new program, and, if so, is
>there a projected release date?  Just curious... You do indeed do good work
:-)

Well, thank you very much.  Yes, I am.  Unfortunately, these things are never
quite as easy as they seem when you start out.  I keep getting "almost there"
and finding I have to go back to the beginning and start again.  I'm on my
second major rewrite.

The aim is for an abc text editor with immediate conventional notation
display, printing and playback through a soundcard.  Nothing very
sophisticated in any of those categories and PC only, I'm afraid.  (Guess
whose market I'm aiming for.)  The first release will be a subset of standard
1.6 with a few extras from 1.7 and widely used extensions.  No lyrics yet.

A couple of weeks.  (OK, you've heard that before.)  It doesn't help that AOL
seem to have trashed my website so I may have to build a new one elsewhere.

Bryan Creer