> I choose Windows Media Player as my midi device
> ...I expected to be able to choose "Play
> midi" ... and the midi player would "pop up" and play the
> current tune.
> However, I found I had to export the tune to midi and
> ...with File/Open.  Is this how it's supposed to work?
No, its supposed to work like you expected, the player pops up and starts playing.
Kind of hokey, but its the best I can do for now.  You have to choose the media player
.exe file (or a different program) as your player, which in my machine is in Program
Files/Windows Media Player, and in some older machines might be in the windows
directory.

If you're doing this and its still not working, let me know what OS you're running and
I'll try and reproduce it.

Thanks,
Aaron