On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Bert Van Vreckem wrote:

> Indeed. Guido, what do you think of this? If you want I can give you
> Admin permissions for the abc project. At least part of your abcplus
> project would fit nicely in the abc project if the new standard kicks
> off. I should also have some time in the near future to update the
> webpage unless anyone else feels an uncontrollable urge... ;-)

it looks like some people are already inclined to call me "the
president"... please wait! You still have to read what I'm writing. Then
we'll have to discuss some points, I suppose; make changes, additions,
you'll call me names :-), etc.

I find it interesting what some people pointed out: that is, that a
developer (say, Jean-François) should not be the coordinator beacuse of
conflict of interest. We Italians are well aware of this problem... (look
at that [EMAIL PROTECTED]& of our [EMAIL PROTECTED]@!! prime minister, Berlusconi).
While I
personally think that Jean-François is so smart, so kind, and has so much
common sense that he could be a perfect coordinator, I also realise that
he's really busy coding his programs.

I'm neither a talented programmer nor a great musician. All I can say is
that I always struggled to keep ABC developers in contact, writing
suggestions for improving compatibility; I study lots of different music
examples to try and figure out new ABC implementations.

And I do all this beacuse I believe that ABC makes the world a better
place.

So, please wait for the new ABC 2 proposal; I'm probably going to publish
it next week.

Later,
      Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.