In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David Webber
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Whilst, I gather, various applications tend to put output into
>postscript, the abc standard should be completely independent of
>postscript as most Windows users have never heard of it!

Seconded.

imo abc is a format for capturing certain types of music in computer-
and human- readable format. It may or not be read by software, it may or
may not result in output in sound or on paper. It should not be linked
intrinsically to any software either past or future.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland