>Is it possible to instruct (or modify) abcm2ps to
>create pure "black and white" PS output (without gray
>values) and to draw the staff lines as thin as
>possible? This way the output would look much clearer
>on the web.

as far as I know, abcm2ps creates pure b&w output, but probably
your default GhostView output is set to Graphic Alpha 2 or 4, turn
it to 1 and you won't get any shading.

In order to draw the lines as thin as possible, recompile it with
this option in buffer.c :

%%BeginSetup
/bdef {bind def} bind def
/T {translate} bdef
/M {moveto} bdef
/dlw {0.8 setlinewidth} bdef

put a lower value to 0.8 (if it's not changed already... I tend to
turn it up when I have to print with a laser printer)

If you want to change this for one tune only, edit the ps output
directly according to this.