On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:29:51 -0400, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        [snip]
>The result ps looks surprisingly good, with the exception of the slashes on the stems
>that I want to indicate a roll.  The note should look like this (pardon the ASCII
>art):

>     |/
>    /|/
>    /|
>  000|
> 00000
> 00000
>  000
        [snip]
>Any thoughts?

There is an example of such a feature in deco.abc:

        % -- repeat sign in a stem
        %%postscript /repst{    % usage: x y repst
        %%postscript    M -3 -13 RM 9 3 RL 0 -3 RL -9 -3 RL fill}!

        % -- repeat stem
        %%deco / 1 repst 0 0 0

        .. !/!c4|

This works for down stems. You must adjust the value before the first
'RM' (rmoveto) when the stem goes upwards.

Then, from this skeleton, you should easily implement other symbols
for 2 or more slashes in the stems.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]