On 28 Apr 2004, at 21:42, Steven Bennett wrote:

That said, the file contents in the ABC specifications (including the 2.0
draft) are assumed to be strictly ASCII compliant, and I believe case
sensitive everywhere. (Someone correct me if I missed something there.)

I believe that the mode part of the K: field is case insensitive, and spaces
between the key letter and the mode are permitted, so:

K: Ador
K: ADor
K: A DOR

are all equivalent. Certainly all those variants are commonly found in
the wild, so a parser should be prepared to deal with them, even if it flags
some of them as errors.

Phil Taylor