>| I have some ABC files where I use the notation as a tunographic
>| database - there is no body, either because I haven't got round
>| to typing it in or don't intend to.
> Well, for staff notation, my Tune Finder shouldn't have  any  probem.
> It  will  produce  the the title, composer, etc, and no staff. [...]
> As for sound files, I use abc2midi, which  produces  a  really  short
> file if there's no tune body.  That's about all it can do, I suppose.
> But it doesn't fail.

These aren't the most helpful behaviours.  The user is left guessing
as to why they got an empty staff or silent MIDI file.  An explicit
notation to say the body was meant to be empty, passed onwards through
the pipeline, would reassure them that nothing had gone wrong and give
them a better idea of what to do next - i.e. read the ABC source.

One place this information might be displayed is in the Tune Finder
index itself, in the field that lists the fields present in the tune.