On 16/04/2010 2:39 AM, Carolyn MacLeod wrote:
> Do AT's use IA2_TEXT_BOUNDARY_ALL?
We don't. However, see below.

> Or do they use IAccessibleText::text(0, length, pbstrText) to retrieve
> all of the text?
We do this.

> 2) Technically, we don't need it because IAccessibleText::text(0,
> length, pbstrText) already returns the whole text.
Note that this requires ATs to make an extra call
(IAccessibleText::nCharacters) to determine the length. Extra calls do
matter across process boundaries. We do this anyway, but it's worth
adding to the discussion.

> I am tempted to return E_INVALIDARG if get boundaryType ==
> IA2_TEXT_BOUNDARY_ALL in textAfterOffset and textBeforeOffset. Would
> that break anybody?
Hmm. That makes it look like the caller is wrong to try to use it when
it is in the spec. I'd prefer E_NOTIMPL, but I realise that's only
supposed to be used when the entire method isn't implemented. Are there
any other options that indicate that this particular request isn't
implemented?

Jamie

--
James Teh