Hi, Joanie.

As I understand it, "node parent of" / "node child of" are inverse
relations, used to reflect the hierarchy when it is mismatched with the
accessible tree, for example, for flat trees or aria-owns in certain
implementations as you pointed it out.

"member of" is an abstract relation, used to describe membership-like
relations, and doesn't define the accessible tree hierarchy. Also unlike
"node child of" the "member of" relation is 1 to many relation.

Firefox uses 'member of' relation to point to an atomic region the element
belongs to. There's no other cases in Firefox afaik.

Thanks.
Alex.