Tom, and other Accessibility advocates...

Thanks, but I view my personal role as QA and have really only had to focus on
the Windows & Java Accessibility Bridge side because of the exceptional QA and
development work being done by Roman Eisele with the OSX Apple Accessibility
API, and by Joanmarie Diggs on the Linux A11y AT-SPI & ATK support delivered
via Gnome ORCA.

In truth changes are needed with the underlying UNO Accessibility API (a
derivative of an old Java design) to incorporate ongoing work of the A11y
group, Microsoft, Apple and Google and to ensure that LibreOffice assistive
technologies span all the development platforms with a consistent API that
integrates with all LibreOffice components and implements accessibility roles
needed by a broader range of AT.

This might be handled by a "Community Development" person, but the scope of a
reengineering of the the underlying UNO Accessibility API suggests this will
need the administrative resources of a full committee of developers and AT
interface designers overseen by the TDF board.

The TDF board can't raise enough funds to pay to have this done, so the
challenge is making the case that the future of accessibility support for
LibreOffice does not lay with the status quo, that waiting for IAccessibile2
from the IBM Symphony contribution is only a Band-Aid, and that a substantive
redesign of the internal API implementing more AT roles while accommodating a
wider range of external interfaces better positions all LibreOffice products as
fully accessible.

If the TDF is going to spend any money. Suggest pay to prepare statement of
preliminary requirements and AT design goals describing what currently exists,
while identifying what roles and functions are missing from the core UNO
Accessibility API for full support of the external accessibility APIs.  That
would be money well spent on AT and give the developers and GUI designers a
solid starting point.

Stuart