Hi all,

I've now installed LibreOffice 4.4.1.2, but am still unable to select text by
line in Writer using either JAWS 16 or NVDA 2015.1.

I'd be grateful for any more suggestions as to what I might try.

Many thanks,

Ed
P.S. Apologies David if you see this twice.  I didn’t spot when I replied
originally that my message went to you instead of just the list.

> On 3 Mar 2015, at 09:10, David Goldfield <dgoldfield1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Edward,
> I am not using the current still release but am using 4.4.0 fresh (haven't
> installed 4.4.1 yet.) With this version, I am unable to duplicate the issues
> you're experiencing regarding selecting lines of text in Writer. I am able to
> hear text which is being selected as I use shift down-arrow and even
> shift-ctrl-down arrow when I select by paragraphs. I am using NVDA 2015.1.
> Would you consider installing the 4.4 release?
>
>> On 3/3/2015 1:01 AM, Edward Green wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently installed the latest still release of Libre office on a machine
>> running Windows 7.
>>
>> When I’m in the word processor, I am not hearing text read to me when I
>> select by line using shift +up or down arrows.  I have tried this with both
>> JAWS 16 and NVDA 2015.1.  I do hear text spoken when I select words or
>> characters with shift left/arrow and shift control left/right arrow for the
>> paragraph I am currently in, but hear nothing when I move out of that
>> paragraph.
>>
>> I have ticked the assistive technology option in
>> tools/options/accessibility, and installed the Java Runtime
>> Environment/enabled the Java Access Bridge from the Ease of Access Centre.
>> The rest of the program appears to work well, with text being read and menus
>> being fully navigable.
>>
>> Does anyone know if text is supposed to read while being selected, and if
>> so, what I might do to fix this?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Ed
>

> --