Re: [AI] DGCA Guidelines for Blind passengers travelling by Air
Hi!
I wanted to send this mail a couple of days ago but apparently it didn't
travel to the list. There is something wrong with my LotusNotes. For
example, I am getting 2 copies of every mail from AI. Anyway, I am getting
the issue sorted out.

Of late I have been opting for tele check-in and choosing my own seat. I
have been flying Jet for the last 10 years but never been compelled to seat
on the last
row which doesn't recline at all. Of course it's convenient to be in row 25
or 26 from where we can reach the WashRoom comfortably and yet not be
bothered by
passengers frequenting it or by the non reclining row. This also gives a
sense of comfort the crew stationed near the rear exit.
On the issue of concession, we should try and see if our original "S" class
status is maintained even when we opt for the lowest prevailing fare
Thereby
allowing us a little more flexibility with scheduling etc. Asking for
a  further discount will only make us feel "second class". After all, those
of us who often fly are
not economically  backward. however this is my individual opinion.
A few years ago I requested for "braille safety instruction manual" and was
happy to see Jet implement it within six month of that incident.
A reasonable request that we can make is the provision to receive us from
the car park on arrival. I believe this provision is being made effective
in EU
countries. Of course due to personal rapport, I get this privilege at
Kolkata airport from where I frequently fly and thus feel that the same can
be institutionalized.

Atul Ranjan Sahay
Head Business Excellence
JUSCO Ltd.
Phone: +91-9234553326

********************************DISCLAIMER***********************************
  Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and
proprietary to Tata Steel Ltd. and is intended for use only by the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient , you are notified that
any dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you
are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator.
Tata Steel does not enter into any binding agreement with any party by
e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the
view of Tata Steel. Tata Steel is not responsible for the consequences of
any actions taken on the basis of information provided. While this e-mail
has been checked for all known viruses the addressee should also scan for
viruses. To know more about Tata Steel please visit www.tatasteel.com