This is perhaps a great example of what Wayne Dyer so confidently proclaims
-- that there are no accidents in the universe.

Geetha
-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of avinash shahi
Sent: 21 August 2015 15:16
To: accessindia; jnuvision
Subject: [AI] Hariharan teaches music to 'Sun Raha Hai Na' blind singer

Visit the URL to watch the training being imparted by the legend Hariharan.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/music/hariharan-to-train-blind-girl-who-sang-s
un-raha-hai-na/article1-1382576.aspx
Tumpa Kumari, a 16-year-old visually impaired orphan from Ranchi, Jharkhand,
recently posted a video on YouTube, in which she sang the song, 'Sun Raha
Hai Na' (Aashiqui 2; 2013). Little did she know, then, that the video could
earn her not only a few lakh hits, but also professional training from one
of the top musicians in India.

Incidentally, the singer's friend, who told him about Tumpa, is also close
to Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, who was also informed about the girl's talent. As a
result, the chef has now decided to fund Tumpa's training and other related
expenses. "It gives me immense satisfaction to be part of her journey," says
Kapoor.

Tumpa lost both her parents at an early age, and has been living with her
relatives since then. She has two sisters, one of whom, Meenu, has been
working since the age of 14 to support the other siblings.

Tumpa recently arrived in Mumbai, and has already commenced her music
training. "I started singing on the streets at the age of five, to earn
money. Thanks to the help I am getting, I am actually daring to dream now. I
want to become a good singer, and, if possible, through the earnings, I want
to support my sisters," she says.

It all started when Hariharan's friend saw the video, and asked the singer
to watch it as well. He was so impressed with the young girl's voice that he
decided to train her. He somehow traced her, and asked her if she was
interested. "Tumpa's voice has a unique quality, which demands attention. It
will compel you to listen to her. All one needs to do is train her in the
technical aspects of singing," says Hariharan.

--
Avinash Shahi

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..