COULD A HUMAN EYE BE 3D PRINTED?

'Yes', says Italian company MHOX and they claim they'll get it to market by
2027 with improved features and some additional gimmicks.

The eyes would be bio-printed with a needle that drops cells which
subsequently bind together.

MHOX describes itself as 'a generative design studio. It develops body
extensions, objects that integrate the human body to mutate its aesthetic,
sport and medical potential'.

Are these guys for real? Yes. Can it be done? Possibly. But I guess we'll
have to wait until 2027 because they say they want to figure out how to
cure blindness and also connect this engineered eye to connect via WiFi to
be able to share the visual experience.

Right now they just seem to be an artsy design team creating conceptualized
3D printed masks and customized body parts.
You can check out their website at this link:

https://mhoxdesign.com/index.html
<https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmhoxdesign.com%2Findex.html&h=kAQH-s4rW&enc=AZOb2_gkahjELScNBH-MEzdEdkVQpPOMYwS8jXNRf1UNqV9PJwe0f-47N55e-hbGTJc&s=1>

A MORE CREDIBLE SOURCE

As Alexander Klarman reports from the All3DP.com
<http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FAll3DP.com%2F&h=JAQF8sQG8&enc=AZOauzxj3d8o59yyQqWMiN11gppSPqCRi_C4yWJLhMIiHVAmUobEcf7fc94d7swHmS4&s=1>
blog,
'The only profound news regarding the topic of 3D printing eyes comes from
the University of Cambridge.

Here 3D printing was used to produce artificial tissue grafts made from
human retina cells. This means, in principle, two cell types from a rat’s
retina can be 3D printed. The cells were alive and grew, which is a good
foundation to 3D print and/or grow a whole retina eventually.

What do you think? Will we one day be able to 3D print retinas, corneas and
optic nerves?