George,

Thanks for raising this question.

Firstly the question of grace marks for any student is debatable - and then
whether it should be same for those with  learning disabilities and those
with visual impairments.

For any student, loosing academic year is not traumatic experience. I
personally know of students who developed severe forms depression and due
their mental health conditions, had to loose academic years, even though
they are bright students. I am sure this happens with students who meet
with  accident which causes orthopedic impairments.

So how do we justify grace marks only for those with visual impairments
should be discussed.

Regards
Shampa Sengupta