may the stalvert's soul rest in peace to guide for ever all the
aspiring differently abled.

On 10/14/15, sharad tripathi <lifeprejudi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> May god bless him peace.
> Definitely he was a stallvert and I would like to know about some
> other visually impaired legislative assembly members and
> parliamentarians ;who have done a such a effort by which they could
> become a leader of masses.
>
> On 10/12/15, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With the passing away of Sadhan Gupta, eminent lawyer and
>> parliamentarian of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), on
>> September 19, the Left Front lost one of its most respected figures,
>> who, in spite of being visually challenged, rose to be a stalwart of
>> the communist movement and an inspiration to his comrades. He was 98
>> and had been suffering from age-related ailments. Gupta was the first
>> visually challenged person in the country to be elected to the Lok
>> Sabha and to hold the post of Advocate General.
>> http://www.frontline.in/the-nation/a-stalwart-passes-away/article7702318.ece?homepage=true
>> Born in Dhaka on November 7, 1917—the day the Provisional Government
>> of Alexander Kerensky was overthrown by the Bolshevik Revolution in
>> Russia—Gupta’s long connection with the communist movement appears to
>> have been right from the time of his birth. His father, Jogesh Chandra
>> Gupta, was a well-known barrister practising in the Calcutta High
>> Court and an eminent Congress leader. When he was just one and a half
>> years old, an attack of small pox rendered Sadhan Gupta blind forever.
>> Educated at the Calcutta Blind School, Gupta distinguished himself
>> academically right from the start. He ranked among the top 10 in the
>> school final examinations and excelled in Presidency College from
>> where he graduated with honours
>>
>> in economics. He did his postgraduation in economics from the same
>> institution. It was while in college that he got involved with the
>> leftist movement, and in 1939 he became a member of the undivided
>> Communist Party of India.
>>
>> In 1942, he enrolled as an advocate in the Calcutta High Court after
>> getting a bachelor’s degree in law from Calcutta University. In 1947,
>> he was called to the Bar from Middle Temple, United Kingdom. In
>> India’s first general elections, Gupta contested the Calcutta
>> South-east Lok Sabha seat against Syama Prasad Mookerjee and lost.
>> However, after Syama Prasad’s death in 1953, he contested the same
>> seat in the byelection and won against the internationally renowned
>> jurist Radha Binode Pal. In 1957, he won from the Calcutta East Lok
>> Sabha constituency. In 1969, he was elected to the West Bengal
>> Assembly from Kalighat, and in 1986 he was appointed Advocate General
>> of West Bengal.
>>
>> Sadhan Gupta’s legal career was outstanding. Right at the beginning,
>> he gained distinction with his argument in “Emperor vs Shibnath
>> Banerjee” (1945). The case caught the attention of Mahatma Gandhi, who
>> complimented Jogesh Chandra Gupta on his son’s legal acumen.
> [...]

 "COMING TOGETHER  IS A BEGINNING, KEEPING TOGETHER IS A PROGRESS AND
WORKING TOGETHER IS A SUCCESS."
With best regards, Dr. D, Ramkumar, Assistant Professor and Head,
Department  of English,   Kasthurba College for Women, Villianur,
Govt of Puducherry, affiliated to Pondicherry university (a central
University). Mobile:  09626663382 home:  0413 3290383, 6500233
 skipe name: ramkumarpondicherry