You are right Amar. Many times, I requested for chequebook from Dena bank, Jogeshwari West Branch, Mumbai. in person, through telephone as well as through emails. Despite submitting both the circulars, they are denying me chequebook facility. Here I am pasting the text of the brief email which I sent a month ago. Due to privacy and security concerns, I deleted my account number after pasting.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:42 PM

subject: Reg. issuance of cheque book

Dear Branch Manager of Jogeshwari West,

Please recall our telephonic conversation which I had with you today at around 12:00 pm wherein you expressed your inability to issue chequebook for me due to my visual impairment and also because I use thumb impression for signature. You are requested to go through the RBI and IBA circulars in this regard which I attached with this email for your perusal and let me know your decision as soon as possible. On the basis of the attached circulars, I availed ATM/debit card in the year 2009 and, I am using internet banking from the year 2011 effectively. I mentioned this fact in our telephonic conversation as well. I would like to bring to your attention that despite the use of electronic payment methods, Wherever the question of paying EMI's and opening demat account arises all concerned agencies demand PDC's (post dated cheques) and cancellation cheque(s). As a customer of your branch, I cannot be deprived these fundamental financial rights.

Please do the needful as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,

SANJAY L.,
Ac. No.----------
  Mobile: 9969636745

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amar Jain" <amarjain2...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 4:40 PM
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [AI] request to send bank letter or g.o. regarding issueing of a.t.m. cards to the visually disabled persons regarding

Dear Shankar: refer RBI circular dated 4 June 2008 and IBA circular
dated 18 November 2008.  Simple google search will get you both.

Dear Sazid: if it is an undertaking to say that I take all
responsibilities or liabilities for the chequebook, then my advice is
not to give anything of such nature. Commercially and legally
speaking, banks owe us the same liabilities as it would to its any of
the other customers. It is clearly lack of attention of management
which has lead to lack of proper training to employees for delivery of
services to persons with disabilities in line with the norms.

RBI and IBA are now not willing to do anything as they have already
issued circulars  (based on personal experience),  so fighting for
proper implementation remains our challenge. If you wish, then you can
write a well drafted e-mail to the Chairman and seek a response as to
why they want additional letter.

Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com