Hello
in this regard I would like to share my views as : the total
permissible limit is Rs. 3200/- per month but if he / she gets more
than 3200 pm he / she will only be entitled for a deduction of only
Rs. 3200 per month.

the following is the paragraph from the latest circular by the Govt of
India in this regard:

The CBDT has prescribed guidelines for the purpose of Section 10(14)
(i) & 10 (14) (ii)
vide notification No.SO 617(E) dated 7th July, 1995
(F.No.142/9/95-TPL)which has been
amended vide notification SO No.403(E) dt 24.4.2000 (F.No.142/34/99-TPL). The
transport allowance granted to an employee to meet his expenditure for
the purpose of
commuting between the place of his residence and the place of duty is
exempt to the extent
of Rs. 1600 p. m. or Rs 3200 p.m. (for a person who is blind or deaf
and dumb or is
orthopaedically handicapped with disabilities of lower extremes) vide
notification S.O.No.
395(E) dated 13.05.98 r/w S.O. No. 1002 (E) dated 13.04.2015 & S.O.
No. 2604 (E) dated
23.09.2015.

In my view, , the benefit is entitled for those who get conveyance
allowance as part of their salaries irrespective of the nature of
employer.