In Navsari, Modi attended a function to distribute various kits to
over 11,000 disabled people. Speaking on the occasion, Modi expressed
his government’s commitment to the cause of the “divyang”. “Has any
other PM got an opportunity to attend this kind of a programme… Dozens
of PMs have come and gone, but I am the first PM to have got an
opportunity to serve the divyang,” he said. “Many times, we see things
happening before our eyes, but our response is casual. I believe that
a country like India cannot afford such an attitude. The days of hota
hai-chalta hai-dekhenge are over, as the world is watching us with
expectations.”
Modi said his government was developing a sign language laboratory,
which would help standardise sign language learning in the country
through a common syllabus.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/pm-narendra-modi-celebrates-birthday-with-mother-tribals-and-disabled-3036361/

--
Avinash Shahi