From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
avinash shahi
Sent: 25 October 2016 12:15
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Rural Development Ministry: Govt plans allowance for disabled
people who get jobs

I heard from non-official sources that one of the Joint Sec in the Disability
Department has been relieved of his services. He is none other than the Dynamic
Mukesh Jain. The Bill could be taken up in the upcoming Winter Session? I hope
Mr Javed Abidi and the team should lobby hard, they are good at it. The team
things that 'divyang' is better collective noun or you call it pronoun for us.
The sector is deeply divided yet working well that's called democracy. NGOs are
all vying for better proximity with the government and they are least concerned
about the common disabled people. Note: don't generalize this statement of mine
its for those who know it well.  This sounds hard and harsh but what can I do
I'm not in to NGO sector and doing my job as an learning student/academician.
And government knows it all.
They are not afraid from NGOs at all they know these NGOs will be won very
easily. Moreover, I am pleased that the Modiji has taken some initiatives which
are worth-praising. Accessible India campaign and the greater emphases on para
sports are the great contributions so far. The regular equipment distribution
camps also deserve hats off.
Ever Since Modi became the PM the civil society and the government officials
have shown a willpower to act. Its all happening cause Modiji keeps on talking
about the disabled people in his 'man ki baat'
and in equipment distribution camps. PMs had never in the past showed such
seriousness about our issues.  That's the biggest contribution of the Modi
government in the last two and-a-half years. I have a dream to meet Narendra
Modi on 3 December International Day for disabled people in JNU this year. I
have floated this idea to my friends on campus and who knows our Prime Minister
will accept the invitation?

Avinash Shahi