thats great job done by N.P.RD. except these amendments, we should
look into the financial rights of persons with disabilities. as  it is
suggested by uncrpd that that should be supported decision rather than
subsituded decision. thanks On 12/8/16, National Platform For The
Rights of the Disabled <nprd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Amendments to the  Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014 Moved by
> Shri K K Ragesh & Shri C.P. Narayanan, CPI(M) Members of the Rajya Sabha*
>

> Page 4, line 18 & 19, for the words "No person with disability shall be
> discriminated on the ground of disability, unless it is shown that the
> impugned act or omission is appropriate to achieve a legitimate aim"  be
> substituted with "No person with disability shall be discriminated on the
> grounds of disability".
>
> Page 10, for lines 3 to 6, the following be substituted, namely:
>
> “The appropriate Government shall formulate necessary schemes and
> programmes to safeguard and promote the right of persons with disabilities
> for adequate standard of living to enable them to live independently or in
> the community:”
>
> Page 12, for lines 42 to 45 the following be substituted, namely:
>
> "Every appropriate government shall appoint in every government
> establishment, not less than five per cent of the total number of vacancies
> in the cadre strength with persons with benchmark disabilities of which, on
> per cent each shall be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities
> under clauses (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) respectively.
>

> Page 13, for lines 8 to 14, the following be substituted, namely:
>
> "Provided that the appropriate government shall issue necessary
> instructions in this regard also covering reservation in promotions in all
> groups of posts for employees with benchmark disabilities immediately on
> this Act coming into force.
>
> Provided further that the appropriate government, in consultation with the
> National Commission or the State Commission, as the case may be, having
> regard to the type of work carried out in any government establishment by
> notification and subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in
> such notifications exempt any Government establishment from the provisions
> of this section."
>
> Page 9, Lines 8 to 10, the following to be substituted, namely:
>
> "Provided that the appropriate government, in consultation with the
> National Commission or the State Commission, as the case may be, having
> regard to the type of work carried out in any government establishment by
> notification and subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in
> such notifications exempt any Government establishment from the provisions
> of this section."
>
> Page 35, line 42 to 44, the following to be substituted, namely:
>
> "The provisions of this Act are in addition to and not in derogation of the
> provisions of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity Protection
> of Rights  and Full Participation) Act, 1995, existing rules,  regulations,
> executive instructions and orders issued from time to time for the benefit
> of persons with disabilities"
>

> There are a few more amendments, but we have not been able to get the copy
> that has been circulated

Pankaj Singh Kushwaha,  Ph.D.:  Research Scholar,
Centre for European Studies,
School of International Studies "SIS",
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Dehli 110067.
Mobile no: +919868610216.
Email: justicewith...@gmail.com or pankaj.jnu11@gmail.