I have gone through almost all the replys here.
In my experience, transition from a keyphone to a touch phone was
smooth. If touch and type is difficult, the voice dictation is is
doing a good job and improving regularly both in Android and IOS. If
this is also not satisfactory, then a mini bluetooth keyboard is a
handy companion.
I cannot quite agree that touch screen based phones decrease operating
speed by a visually impaired person. Its the matter of individual's
ability. Somebody wanted IOS in new proposed phone that never going to
be materialized as IOS is purely Apple's proprietary operating system,
which can never be used in any Phones other than Apple's one. No
lisense will be granted for this by the Apple.

I have a few questions.
1. Basically, what is the planned specification for the phone?
2. Can the decent specification (on par with present day market) be
given for the price planned?
3. The present day mobile Operating systems are being subjected to
regular security tests and whenever a vulnerability is found, the
security patches are released and updated. Will this proposed phone
considers that?
Note: These days even the payments /netbanking is done using phone
hence the security is of paramount importance.
4. The new versions of operating systems are released periodically to
cater the various new requirements. After few newer versions, some of
the apps stop supporting the older version. Eg: The whatsapp no longer
available for the phones with Android V 2.3 or below.
5. Whether the proposed phone has planned for any bench mark
certification? if not then what is guarentee of standard and quality?

Note: The Phones manufactured should be able to meet certain
standards. If not, no agency, regulatory bodies, Mobile service
providers may not accept such phones.

Instead of trying to manufacture phone with keypad, It would be nice
to focus on developing apps to smoothen/improve the accessibility of
the existing phones.

Ps: I have no dislike for phones with keypad, but I feel we have come
a long way from keypad phones and almost all apps these days have been
designed for touch interface.

On 12/15/16, PAULMUDDHA <paulmud...@canarabank.com> wrote:
> Dear learned friends
>
> A friend of mine who is also a visually challenged is developing a smart
> phone with keypad [with full pledged buttons with the help of a developer
> from Mumbai
>
> ]
>
> With his own funds.
>
> He would like to know whether this smart phone could be marketed in India
> and abroad for a price of Rs.5K.
>
> Please throw some light on this important information and provide
> suggestions to help him develop the phone.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Muddha
>

> SENIOR MANAGER
>
> CANARA BANK
>
> HO CALL CENTRE
>
> M&CRM SECTION, M&RRWING,
>
> 7TH FLOOR, "NAVEEN COMPLEX"
>
> #14, OFF M G ROAD
>
> BANGALORE 560 001
>

> DISCLAIMER: This email may contain privileged information and is intended
> solely for the addressee, and any disclosure of this information is strictly
> prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this mail by mistake,
> please inform the sender immediately and delete this mail. Any information
> expressed in this mail does not necessarily reflect the views of CANARA
> BANK. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
> solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
> Bank. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. The sender declares that no liability can be cast upon
> the sender for any error or omissions in the contents of the message that
> arise, as a result of e-mail transmission and further declares that the
> sender cannot be made liable for any loss suffered by any person, on account
> of having acted upon any messages which is vitiated by error, omissions or
> interception.

Thanks and regards.
ಶ್ರೀಧರ್ ಟಿ ಎಸ್, ಅಬಸಿ
Shreedhar T S, Abasi

To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act

 Mobile:  9980989171

Join me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shreedharts

Skype: shree475

Blog: http://shreeword.blogspot.com/

Join me on Face book: https://www.facebook.com/shreedhar.ts

ದೃಢ ಸಂಕಲ್ಪವಿಲ್ಲದಿದ್ದರೆ ಗುರಿ ಸಾಧಿಸುವುದು ಕಷ್ಟ