hello,
Perhaps, you are talking about multimedia print reader technology
which is launched in India by Adarsh Private ltd. madhyapradesh
emerging as a tool to make the educational learning much easier.  It
is a educational technology which uses listening skills along with
traditional reading. The tool, in the shape of a pen (of a slightly
larger size), recites the written text. This pen, when held over a
book that has been embedded with MPR codes, activates the pre-loaded
audio files. Now, while a student is reading a sentence, he/she will
hear the pre-recorded voice.
 MPR ‘Talking Pen’, comes with an in-built speaker, camera, earphones,
memory card, battery backup, can be charged like a cellphone. but to
read any printed book with this device you have to  make a book
compatible with MPR. For this process,  you have to send the reading
material in a CD, or the book itself, to Aadarsh and in turn you will
get the embedded book plus the talking pen by paying the applicable
amount. The makers of this technology had launched this product way
back in 2010 and at that time, they were trying to speak with many
Indian publishers, government organizations, etc to encourage them to
adopt the codes before publishing their books

For more information, you may contact them on
Mobile 0 8120115666

On 2/16/17, Sudeshna Bhattacharya <sudeshna.bhattachary...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Friends for all your supports. actually I have been
> looking for any device that will enable me read reports, books etc and
> will be portable at the same time-  to be carried with me on a regular
> basis. if reading facility can be availed, nothing like it. but all
> reading devices I am seeing online are very expensive.
> I saw a device called "Reading pen" on the web that costs a bit less
> than others. an ear phone is attached to it and it was told to have
> reading facility. but I  can't be sure about how to point to the text
> I need to be read out or how to specify whether I want to read by
> letters, words, sentences etc. hence I planned to buy a portable
> scanner which is fully accessible softwarewise, because cost is also a
> very big constraint here.
> could you please help me in this context? does anyone have any idea of
> the reading pen I mentioned?
>
> awaiting your earliest reply,
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Sudeshna Bhattacharya
>
> On 2/16/17, Shireen Irani <shireen....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> sorry i wasn't following this thread earlier, so not sure whether
>> you're looking for only a scanner, or something portable that will
>> also do the reading.
>> if u also want the reading then do check out the Eye Pal Ace reader,
>> which does both, the scanning and reading, and which u can get to see
>> at Karishma enterprises in Mumbai. it is very expensive though, around
>> 75 thousand. and there also are a few issues with the after-service,
>> and the hardware after only a year of usage. but portability-wise, it
>> is the perfect thing to have. don't remember the exact config, but its
>> about 1 and a half kgs with i think a 10 inch screen. the lens is very
>> good for A-4 size pages, and they also now have Sangita, the Indian
>> accented tts as an option.
>> if u do consider this, then get in touch with me, i'll give you a few
>> points of warning about it, so that you are sure of things before you
>> invest in it.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> Shireen.
>>

>> On 2/16/17, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Sudeshna,
>>>
>>> In terms of reading large documents, your only option is a scanner that
>>> supports
>>> the legal or a3 paper size. See models from Plustek. However, this
>>> option
>>> is
>>> not
>>> portable. If you want portable, try to use applications such as the KNFB
>>> Reader
>>> on a stand but these as far as I know only do a4 pages. You could try a
>>> fish-eye
>>> lens and see if that covers a wider area but a fish-eye lens may distort
>>> the
>>> image of the page  so I can't say if this idea will work.
>>>
>>> The machines from Lex will also work. They are USB powered and the
>>> support
>>> from
>>> Sparsh has been good. The Lex scanner I have runs off the USB port of
>>> the
>>> computer. The Lex machines also have options for A3 documents but those
>>> machines
>>> are expensive well over a lakh I believe.
>>> Pranav

>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:
>>>

>>> Search for old postings at:
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>> accessindia-requ...@accessindia.org.in
>>> with the subject unsubscribe.

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at
>>>

>>> Disclaimer:
>>> the

>>> mails
>>> sent through this mailing list..

>> of
>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>> please
>> visit the list home page at

>> the

>> mails

Regards,
Mukesh jain
Email:
mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
mukeshheerachandj...@ntpc.co.in
Skype: mukeshjain211
Mob: 09977165123
"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "

Helen Keller