Hi Sajal,
First things first. Please get rid of the idea that you will not be able to do
any development work because of RP. Of course you will have to keep yourself
up-to-date with the needed skills. Enough resources are available on the net to
acquire any skill.

I am an engineer by education and have  been working  in the IT industry since
last 20 years. I have RP as well and have lost my functional vision during the
course of last 7-8 years. I enjoy working on technology as well and have been
doing it without much of a problem. After working for some MNCs for around 10
years or so, I have been working independently on my own. I take up software
development projects and carry out their end to end execution.

Like you  I started with  High contrast display setting with some
magnification. Now I comfortably switch off the monitor of my computer and use
JAWS to do my work with a reasonable speed.

Getting through in a campus interview is a matter of  chance as well as your
own level of confidence and skills to be able to do what is needed.

If you would like to talk over the phone, just drop me an email and I will give
you a call.

All the best.
Alok