We are committed to include TTS available from any source if such exist. As
of now Nuance came out with only these Indian languages.
Two options are available for Gujarati and other Indian languages that are
not covered by Nuance:

1. E-speak: This was developed by developers and testers in India including
Mahesh Khosla, Himprasad Gautam and Mahiti (software company). We had
testers from various blindness organisations for different languages. For
example, we had AK Trust for Gujarati language. This development happened in
a project led by Centre for Internet and Society and Saksham.
2. Hear2Read: This TTS for Gujarati is available on android and trials are
on to get this on Windows PC too. Mr Suresh Bazaj, an Indian living in San
Francisco understood the desperate requirement of persons with blindness in
India and has been putting his personal efforts and money to hire resources
in CMU including time of Prof Black and research scholars working under him
to have this TTS solution for us. His efforts are being acknowledged this
year through NCPEDP universal design award.
3. TDIL's TTS consortium project: This is now open source.  However, this
TTS works on Lynux with ORCA only. We do not have a port of this on Android
or Windows. The task is not small as many developers have tried for this
port and failed. However, it is certainly doable if dedicated resources are
put on it for some given period of time.

We had e-speak development in our own hands which we did. Hear2Read too is
something that is being developed through very active participation of
blindness community.
Other than this, we rely on companies or TTS developers to release the TTS
that we can include in NVDA whenever they are available. Development by
known TTS companies depend on business opportunities. We offer very little
of that due to us taking pride in our piracy skills. Else we can get these
by committing huge amount of up to 250000 euros or so for a company to
dedicate resources to develop one language TTS. Our governments do spend
such amounts on developing TTS but getting such money to be given to a
private company and that too a foreign company is a big ask. However
everything is possible if we have connections at right places.

Thanks
Dipendra

Thanks
Dipendra