Hi friends.

A good news.  I have been promoted from the Section Officer to the
Assistant Registrar.  I am the first 100% visually challenged
Assistant Registrar in the University of Calicut.  Ihad to get through
 the departmental tests to get promotions and I wrote the tests with
the help of a scribe and this too was a first one  in the Calicut
University's history.  I have been directed to continue in the same
section, since the ddfs system, through the file movements are going
in this university is not at all accessible to a visually challenged
and they could not find any competent as well as interested person for
the work which me and my colleagues are doing now.  (converting books
into DAISY)

Renuka E.,
Assistant Registrar,
ICT Centre for the Visually Challenged,