today, bank of baroda released internal circular about banking
services to VI customers.
Important features are these.
1. Cheques can be issued only for specific purpose like loan payment
or any genune requirements by other institutions like LIC or NPS etc
and manager should issue marking the same purpose.
2. Cash withdrawal witness is compulsory and witness can be either
another customer of that branch or any other branch official apart
from cashier who will release the funds.
3. Locker and ATM should be provided and guidelines related to lockers
are stipulated clearly.
4. No mention about mobile and net banking for us and the irony is i
only train my home loan customers of these usage methods from
back-office more than their base branch officials.

On 4/4/18, sampath raj rao <sampath.4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohit sir, but on the day I went with my dad who also had his
> salary a/c in that same branch and inspite I saying that he too has an
> account their the manager neglected my saying and was asking to bring
> my mum and got her sign somewhere in a ledger before encashing...
>

> On 4/4/18, Hozefa Tambawala <starh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Very nice initiative is going on.
>>
>> I am holding account in Citibank and enjoying all of the services.
>>
>> At first they are not willing to provide me online banking services,
>> debit card and cheque book facility but after having word with the HR
>> of my company she was able to convince them.
>>
>> Still they denied me the cheque book saying that this is to keep your
>> account safe.
>>
>> Finally, I taken up this issue to the banking ombudsmen and they
>> assist me in getting the cheque book.
>>
>> On 4/3/18, Prashant Naik <pran...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> In addition to above IBA advise on webpage to banks, BCSBI has also asked
>>> banks to have webpage on policies for customers with disabilities in its
>>> January 2018, revised Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI).
>>>

>>> BCSBI after due deliberations with Banks, IBA & RBI has come out with
>>> revised “Code of Bank’s Commitment to Customers- January 2018”, which is
>>> be effected from January 2018.  Most of the banks have adopted this code
>>> on
>>> customer commitment.
>>>

>>> Below is an extracted key info related to Persons with Disabilities
>>> customers from BCSBI Code.
>>>

>>> Page 5 has following commitment from banks.
>>>
>>> Under point 2.1.2 Right to Transparency, Fair and Honest Dealing
>>>
>>> f. Displaying on our website our policies on -
>>>
>>> ix. Facilities for senior citizens and differently abled persons.
>>>

>>> Pages 54 to 56 has following commitment from banks.
>>>
>>> 11. SENIOR CITIZENS AND DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS
>>>
>>> a. We will make our best efforts to make it easy and convenient for our
>>> special customers like senior citizens, differently abled and illiterate
>>> persons to bank with us. This will include making convenient policies,
>>> products and services for such applicants and customers.
>>>
>>> b. We will endeavour to develop systems and procedures to improve access
>>> banking services by you.
>>>
>>> c. We will endeavour to make physical access to our branches and ATMs
>>> convenient to you. We will endeavour to provide ramps and hand railings
>>> at
>>> bank branches and ATMs to make it easier for senior citizens and
>>> differently abled persons to access various banking facilities.
>>>
>>> d. We will sensitise our staff interacting with you to assist you in
>>> carrying out your banking transactions.
>>>
>>> e. In addition to all the other commitments made in this Code:
>>>
>>> i. We will accord due priority to you. We will endeavour to provide you
>>> personalized services for banking transactions and redressal of
>>> grievances.

> [...]

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_...@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrab...@gmail.com.