Some time there are benefits of not disclosing the disability, and
behaving as you were a sighted guy. For example, no one can cheat us
if he is not getting the clue that I am a vision impaired guy, and
people will not ask unnecessary questions!
As I have faced some aukward situations, asking for help people asked
me uncumfirtable questions, like your eyes are looking quite ok, are
you telling lie? How much can you see, can you identify which colour
shirt I am wearing? can you see the girls coming and going? Therefore
I deliberetly avoid to disclose my disability to avoid these
unwelcomed and aukward situations. But I can say, I am losing more by
hiding my disability, as people don't get the clue what kind of help I
require? And people think I am avoiding them by not greeding them with
hi and goodmorning etc. The other embarrassing situation I face at the
time of shaking the hands meeting someone. As sometime I can not
figure out that he has raised his hand to shake?
And also I am not visually impaired for long, I have a hard time to
distinguish the people by their voice. By the way, guide me for
getting good  counseling material to learn with my disability.