This post did not come through, hence copying it below.
From: Kanchan Pamnani [mailto:kanchanpamn...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 April 2018 17:29
To: 'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
Subject: ED - NCPEDP
Job Description and Position Specification for the Position of Executive
Director of NCPEDP
SECTION 1: PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position offers an experienced leader an opportunity to provide direction
to and steer one of India's only cross disability advocacy organization so as
to take forward the disability rights movement in India.
DEADLINE: Applications should be received by April 20, 2018 to be considered
for the first round of interviews.
SECTION 2: DETAILS OF POSITION
Number of Positions: One (1)
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: The Board of Trustees
Location: New Delhi
SECTION 3: ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) is a
cross-disability, non-profit organization, working as an interface between the
Government, Industry, International Agencies, and the Voluntary Sector towards
empowerment of persons with disabilities.
NCPEDP advocates for the need to move away from traditionally held views of
charity and welfare to those of productivity and enabling of disabled people.
Registered in 1996, NCPEDP has since then, successfully advocated several
policy changes that have positively impacted the lives of people with
disabilities, working across to encourage employment of disabled people;
increase public awareness on the issue of disability; empower disabled people
with knowledge, information and opportunities; and ensure easy and convenient
access to all public places, products, services and technologies
SECTION 4: JOB RESPONSIBILITY
1. The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic,
programmatic, financial and administrative leadership to NCPEDP and as the
Executive head of the organization would represent the organization in national
and international platforms.
2. The person would be responsible for identifying and addressing
pressing advocacy issues impacting lives of persons with cross disabilities at
both Centre and state levels.
3. S/he would also be responsible for strategising to ensure the
organisation continues to occupy the niche space in the disability domain,
bringing together several disability sector leaders, domain experts and people
with disabilities to form a collective voice that will lobby with the policy
makers across sectors, identify and celebrate best practices that promote
4. S/he would be responsible for providing guidance to the
implementation of existing programs, effectively manage the human resources as
well as ensure sound financial management.
5. The position also entails delivery on committed projects,
programmes and seminars and an ability to leverage media.
6. S/he would also be responsible for fund raising.
SECTION 5: COMPETENCIES
1. Impact on Organization:
* Team-first attitude and ability to work well with others.
* Enthusiastic personality with positive attitude
* Superior verbal & written communication skills in English
* Strong interpersonal and networking skills
* Deep understanding of disability sector, its trends and
* Familiarity with government policy and trends related to CSR, .
convergence with development issues/policies and schemes
* Ability to understand the key challenges faced by disability
sector and to present solutions in line with the rights based approach to
* Knowledge of International Development Sector, Sustainable
Development Goals and National Policies that promote development and inclusion
4. Scope & complexity:
*Critical thinking and capability to handle ambiguity.
*Ability to solve problems while factoring in a number of variables, using
sound and logical reasoning, and the proper level of authority. Ability to
utilize available information, past experience, and sound judgment to select
the best approach in a timely manner despite ambiguity, and determine when
deviations are appropriate.
*Ability to think creatively
*Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and function with minimal
*Aptitude to conceptualize and manage events
Minimum Qualifications: Education and Experience
* Under graduation /Post Graduate in communications / social work /
law / disability studies/ management /related areas
* Plus eight to ten years paid or voluntary work experience as an
* in the social service, human service, community-based, public
interest or advocacy environments working with people with disabilities; or
* experience working with or sensitivity to individuals with
* Knowledge of laws, cross-disability rights, and services as they
pertain to people with disabilities, and/or direct representation of people
* Able to communicate fluently and write effectively in English
* Experience in the disability rights movement and/or extensive
contacts in the disability community.
* Experience working with and/or sensitivity to other
* Life experience as a person with a disability
Will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
SECTION 7: Selection Process
If you are interested in becoming a part of NCPEDP, please submit the following
1. Your resume
2. A Cover Letter. We need a workforce that can utilize insights and
strategies that can come from both professional and personal experience. Please
take this opportunity to tell us about yourself and why you are a great fit for
this position and for NCPEDP in not more than 500 words.
3. Reference/recommendation from immediate past employer and one
from a partner/ or anyone else that the candidate may have worked /known for at
least 3-5 years
4. A preliminary interview round with shortlisted candidates may
happen over Skype with the selection committee and the final interview of
short-listed candidates will be with the Board of Trustees in Delhi.
Selected candidate will be appointed on a probation of 6 months period
initially and upon successful completion of probation will be confirmed for a
contractual period 3 years (renewable). Retirement age would be 60.
Please note that applications will be accepted only via email at the address
given above. You are requested to avoid sending hard copies to the NCPEDP
NCPEDP is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities who are applicants or employees who need
accommodations. Should you need any reasonable accommodation, please write in
to secretariat.ncp...@gmail.com but only after/if you have received intimation
of shortlisting from us
Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, SMSs or makes calls
asking for personal information such as your bank account details, passwords,
etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any
manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.
Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this
e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. The
recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.
Search for old postings at:
To unsubscribe send a message to
with the subject unsubscribe.
To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please
visit the list home page at
1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the
person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent
through this mailing list..