Hi all,
Myself and veena used the XL cinema app in the movie theatre  to watch Sanju
with audio description yesterday.
The experience was great. For the first time we felt as if we have seen the
complete movie. Generally we go to the movies only with friends and relatives
and keep bugging them to describe the non-verbal parts of the film. Even then
the experience is not as complete as yesterday. I have even gone to the extent
of googling for the movie story earlier   since often we miss out on critical
incidents in the movie while watching without description.

I think this app is the best solution for providing audio description. There is
no need to think about making changes to the movie theatres which anyway does
not seem feasible.
It will be great if more and more movies do the audio description on their own.

The app will need to be improved continuously. On iPhone 6s it worked without
any problem, it even detected the movie interval. On an iPhone 7 the AD track
stopped several times and had to be started again and again.

Great work done by Mr. Dipendra Manocha with the Saksham and XL cinema team.
Kudos to Mr. Raj Kumar Hirani for providing the permission to launch the audio
description.

thanks,
Prashant