dear all

I have recently purchased a car for my own use. i am with left leg
disability due to polio. i am not much aware of things about visual
impaired person buying a car with concessions. however i got following the
tax relaxations.
1. after the GST introduction, the excise duty relaxation is replaced with
GST concession. to avail the GST concession (10%) from 28% for normal
people to 18% for PWD you keed to apply to department of heavy industries.
in their website it is in detail guidelines are given how to get the
concession.
2. 50% less premium for insurance
3. Road tax exemption ( it is available in Karnataka state, in Bangalore i
have availed this concession)

the point is to get GST concession they have mentioned (Link :
https://dhi.nic.in/writereaddata/UploadFile/guidlines_for_issue_of_GST_concession636610330602264535.PDF),
it is for persons with physical disabilities. similarly car means it has to
fulfill any of these requirements

a) Cars being able to be driven by the physically handicapped; or
b) Cars which has been suitably designed to be able to be driven by
physically handicapped; or
c) Cars meant for physically handicapped

which in most cases reflect car need to be driven by PWD. however they
require medical certificate as per the format in annexure B states that any
of 4 following conditions the doctor need to give his certificate to avail
the GST, which is
1.  His disability is such that he can use the car only with assistance
driver.
2.    His disability is such that he can drive the car with automated
transmission only
3.  His disability is such that he can drive  any car (Manual as well as
Automated transmission) inspite of above mentioned disability
4.  His disability is such that he can drive the car provided car can be
suitably modified with necessary retrofitted device

i dont know but still you can enquire above the first point where you can
get medicate certificate to avail the GST concession, but again we need to
enquire about definition of car ( points) where VH person are fitting into
it. regarding GST concession, you can write a mail to under secretary to
get clarifications.

cheers

Tamil Selvan