Hello experts,
One of my college student suffering from Glucoma, having almost no
vision, has not been given any extra time for university exam. At
Sardar Patel University, he has been doing BBA and now in fourth
semester. For last three semester, he has not been given any extra
time. He wants more time to complete his exam. At present 2 hours are
available for 60 marks paper.
His fourth semester exam commencing on April 8. Can I take action or
whom should I contact to allow this student extra time. Is there any
universal guideline from UGC in this regard?

On 4/3/19, Aishwarya Pillai <aishwarya3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Prasanna Pincha
>
> Dear Prasanna Sir,
>
> Both as an individual with vision loss and also as a person working as
> a Rehabilitation Counselor, please count me in when it comes to
> supporting this initiative. I work in Institute for Vision
> Rehabilitation, LV Prasad Eye Institute. Time and again our clients
> keep facing issues when dealing with scribe guidelines. to our maximum
> extent, we try to resolve them by talking to the exam administration,
> but a permanent solution to this is the need of the hour. I would be
> able to represent as an individual with vision loss, also represent on
> behalf of our clients facing similar issue besides bringing forth my
> organization's support in this matter.
> Thank you for all your responses and I certainly believe that as
> stakeholders we can bring forth the change in this matter!
>
> With regards,
> Aishwarya.
>

> On 4/2/19, dipendra.li...@gmail.com <dipendra.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear pinchaJi
>>
>> Very clear binding policy/legislation is a very welcome idea. In addition
>> scribes, the legislation  would need to address examination holistically
>> including
>>
>> A. accessibility of  online examinations or examinations on computers.
>> B. Enabling persons with print disabilities to be able to write their own
>> examinations   using computers or braille
>>
>> I will be whole heartedly support such an initiative.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dipendra

"Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you
cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their
own way. . - Swami Vivekananda "
Mr. Pratik Shah
Assistant professor at SEMCOM
(M.Com,NET )