i think , you may file prefilled return , if possible that is new this year . or you may check with26 on incometaxwebsite for your deduction and you can file your return . ----- Original Message ----- From: "pranayarani" <pranayara...@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:29 PM
Subject: [AI] Income tax help.

Friends, I would like to know if my office doesn't give me my form 16, how do I go about? my office says form 16 of all employees are sent to office mail Id and we are orally instructed to download form 16 from office mail Id the access is limited to a few office employees. As per my knowledge, till last year, it was the responsibility of the employer/office to issue form 16 to their employees. So if my office doesn't issue form 16 to me which in effect means I am unable to file IT returns for which I later will be issued a notice by the IT dept. So can I take refuge saying since my office didn't give me form 16 hence I couldn't file the returns. Learned friends may kindly advise. Regards, Pranaya