You guys can think of visiting India International Centre while in
Delhi this weekend. Couples' with disabilities may also use this
opportunity to learn parenting. Spread the word!
Read on
https://indianexpress.com/article/parenting/delhi-at-iic-this-weekend-event-to-help-reimagine-parenting-6072558/
In an attempt to redefine parenting, a group of experts, including
parents, teachers, psychologists, counsellors, therapists and medical
practitioners, will come together under one roof to talk about raising
children amid modern challenges faced by parents. IMAGINE 2019, being
organised by the child and mental health institute called Children
First, will see conversations around the theme, ‘parenting with
courage’.

Advertising
The event will take place at the India International Centre from 9 am
to 5 pm on Saturday, and will be open to all.

On the aim of the programme, Shelja Sen, co-founder of Children First,
said: “In the present age, parenting has acquired many layers of
complexity because of changes prompted by digital media, changes in
family structures, pressure to succeed, and a dwindling sense of
community. Many times, parents feel disconnected, and are alienated,
criticised and blamed for not being good enough. We want to talk about
how important it is to understand parenting from a different
perspective. We want to redefine parenting and make people see that
it’s the society’s collective responsibility to raise a child.”

The institute collaborated with Teamwork Arts to start IMAGINE in
2018. “Last year, the theme was around building an emotionally safe
space for children, wherein parents spoke about early childhood. This
year, we are talking about neuro diversity, stories of courage, and
commitment required by parents. Next year, we will focus on schools,
and in 2021, we will have an international event highlighting the
narrative practice,” said Sen.

Advertising
While IMAGINE 2018 was about sharing ideas and practices on making the
world emotionally safer for children and the youth, it aims to go a
step further this year — by starting a conversation on a call for
action to see children as the society’s collective responsibility.

People who will speak at the event include Merry Barua, director of
Action For Autism, National Centre for Autism; Sanjoy Roy, Managing
Director of Teamwork Arts; Vidya Reddy, executive director of Tulir
Centre for the Prevention and Healing of Child Sexual Abuse; Jagdish
Mahapatra, international expert on cybersafety and managing director
of CrowdStrike; Arjun Mathur, lead actor in Made in Heaven; Amit Sen,
director and co-founder of Children First; Kavita Arora, child and
adolescent psychiatrist and co-founder Children First; and Aditi
Chaudhary, a mother who lost her child to pulmonary fibrosis which
inspired the film, The Sky is Pink.

--
सादर/ Regards

अविनाश शाही/ Avinash Shahi
सहायक/ Assistant
मानव संसाधन प्रबंध विभाग/ Human Resource Management Department
भारतीय रिजर्व बैंक/ Reserve Bank of India
लखनऊ क्षेत्रीय कार्यालय/Lucknow RO
विस्तार/ Extension: 2232